Saturday, August 26, 2006

LISA

At 4.15pm while parked waiting for Margie to finish shopping at Save on Foods in the open parking area, i was approached by Lisa. She was desperate for 17.50 cdn for hostel lodgeing. She was there with a female friend and her 8 year old daughter. Lisa eye pupils were as big as saucers and she was clasping her arms and showing a scary face of teeth and grimmice. ( i have seen the scourge of the 1965 Heroine addictions in Vancouver to the current Meth epidemic.) So this does not come as an unknown conditon to me..
Lisa, i think you need couseling " what me " yes perhaps at Willingdon Menonite Community Church, one of the best organized facility for a few young single mothers to renew their life.
A man came by in a car and said you owe me 30, who is he, he has been following me. Well small change is not going to assist your life. How had you gotten along with your parents ? " my mother is a drug user and i moved in with my daughters father after the pregnancy at age 16.. I left him last year for the physical abuse.
.Now my moral delima "as flawed as it is" : In the past while in Sanjose i have given hundres to Five Wounds Church to Father Leonel Noir who aids the sick with HIV and feeds the hungery that come to the door of his refrectory. In seattle Near first st. money is again given to the homeless people, with not knowing what the outcome will be. Am i just dumb ? Well i can build advanced communication systems for Police and fire to aid all citizens of crimes major and conspiratorial to the Government of the land.
But for young people that are addicted to drugs and alchol, abused sexually and beaten I am still at a moral loss as to the right and reason of it. Is a health society measured by the number of human derelicts we have per capita ? Are these manipulated people dumb and stupid beond our protection of developed society?
Or is a mass calamiy dare shame us into common sense. True self abuse and illness are the demise of any individual. So the moral delema was not that i was being conned, or alowing myself to be conned, or conning myself into thinking that I was being helpful. It was just being under the beam of sunlight that said right or reason, ( or no reason ) I will give . 20 cdn . Lisa was not that thankful, I had to reach out my hand for a finger touch, as i said i don't think i am going to meet you again. She reached out and gave me a full handshake. ( The game gambit accepted) life goes on, what harship or good fortune will come our way tomorrow

No comments: